- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Ultrasound Imaging From Our Veterinarians in Homer Glen IL
When something is not quite "business as usual" with your pet's internal organs and systems, you need to know exactly what's happening and what might need to be done about it. As helpful as X-rays are in detecting a variety of such problems, they can't provide real-time moving pictures of soft tissues, circulation and other internal workings. Ultrasound, however, can provide that extra information -- especially with the advanced options and capabilities of the GE LogicQ ultrasound device used by our veterinarians in Homer Glen IL.
What Ultrasounds Can Tell Us
Ultrasounds give us a different look inside the body than X-rays can. X-ray images are produced as X-rays reflect or pass through tissues of varying density in front of a photographic plate (or saved to modern digital files for greater clarity and less radiation exposure, as is the case here at Colonial Manor Animal Hospital). Ultrasound technology uses sound waves instead of X-rays to obtain its images. The way sound waves bounce back or pass through tissues yields clearer images when we're looking at soft tissue or fluid-filled parts of the body. They can also capture systems and objects in motion (unlike X-rays), right down to the blood flowing through a pet's veins or the motion of unborn puppies or kittens in the womb. Our veterinarians in Homer Glen IL may prescribe both ultrasound and X-ray diagnostics to get the most complete possible view of your pet's hard and soft tissues.
State-of-the-Art Technology: Our GE LogicQ Ultrasound Device
Just as traditional X-ray imaging has given way to sophisticated digital radiology here at colonial Manor Animal Hospital, our ultrasound technology is state of the art, thanks to our GE LogicQ ultrasound device. This technology helps us perform pet wellness checks and diagnose health challenges more quickly, accurately and effectively than ever before. Some of the amazing features of this device include:
- A high-resolution color LCD screen that can display both detailed grayscale images and color-enhanced images
- Advanced Doppler imaging that can give us data on blood flow, fluid pressure and cardiac function
- Specific modes and settings for abdominal, cardiac, obstetric and other applications
- An internal hard drive that can save images to a variety of digital media
- The ability to display a split-screen of two different ultrasounds for quick comparisons
- Panoramic and "3D" viewing options
- Imagine reverse, rotation and other modification options
As impressive as all this modern-age technology may sound, we wouldn't invest in it if it didn't deliver the bottom-line benefit that truly matters both to you and to us -- the highest possible standard of care to support optimal pet wellness and treatment. If you'd like to learn more about the ways ways we can keep an eye on your best friend's well-being for life, call 708-301-8200 today!